Friday, January 22, 2010

Storm Cleanup

This week's storm is nearly finished soaking the course and a weekend of sunshine starts tomorrow, and that suits me fine because Saturday is my 30th birthday. Before I get to celebrating, I have to get this monster off the cartpath so we can get a few rounds this weekend.

The original predictions for this storm included 4-6 inches of rain. As usual, this was an overestimate for our area with our weather station currently recording 1.81 inches over the last week. The wind, however, did not disappoint.

This huge eucalyptus tree on #17 cartpath was one of two trees lost in the storm. We have hundreds of branches scattered all over, but this mess does not compare to the storm in October. In that one day of wind, we lost 12 full size trees and cleanup took two full weeks. This time around we will be back in shape much sooner, although carts will be restricted to paths until we dry out.

So now I'm off to start cutting up this giant hunk of wood. I hope the neighbors don't mind that we're firing up chainsaws at 7:00 am. We've never received any complaints in that department, but we don't want to start now. Maybe the noise would be worthwhile if it came with free firewood. I have some to spare.

0 comments:


Followers