Thursday, December 10, 2009

Winter is here, but I am not


A cold snap of weather has finally made it to Stockton just in time for my wife and me to leave for vacation in Barbados. No cell phone, no appointments, and no problems. Of course we couldn't even survive without Internet so we brought the laptop and I'm updating the blog on our first 75 degree sunny morning. Meanwhile the staff is sitting through another frost delay in Stockton, CA.
This radar image is from last Monday when the club hosted the December meeting of the Sierra Nevada Golf Course Superintendents Association. As I am sure you all know, the blue is snow and it is extremely rare for that shade of precipitation to stretch all the way across the central valley. Even so, 26 brave members of our association came out to play golf in the cold after dusting the snow off of their vehicles. The staff and I enjoyed the few flakes that fell on Stockton early that morning and the local meteorologists were downright giddy of the strange weather. However, I would much rather drive 90 minutes and see some snow than have it fall on my head.

That's all for today as I head out to enjoy this wonderful island. I can't help myself and will probably post a few more comments rubbing in the fact that I'm here and you're not. Also, I have some heavy frost pics to share and I will update the course conditions now that the bermudagrass has been put to sleep for the rest of the winter. Stay warm Stockton.

0 comments:


Followers