Sunday, November 29, 2009

So this is what the flu feels like

Wow. I have never been so sick in my life as I was the past four days. Now I know why people are so anxious to receive the flu shot that I pass up every year. After at least 15 years without getting the seasonal flu, my lucky streak has now come to an end without a shred of doubt.

I spent this holiday weekend with a fever of 102.5 to a high of 103.7 with Thanksgiving Day being the worst of it all. On the bright side, I can now be thankful of just feeling normal again and I'm really excited to get back to work and out on the golf course. I think I remember how spoiled I am.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed your Black Friday activities whether that be shopping, golfing, or just eating leftover turkey sandwiches. Historically, the Friday after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest days of the year at SGCC with many out of town family members coming out to enjoy a round of golf. This year was no exception with a packed tee sheet and beautiful weather. It's a good time of year to be a superintendent, flu-ridden or not.

0 comments:


Followers